Thursday, December 21, 2017

Extra Posting 2 / Sun Bo Sim


 Worries: Losing my job or not finding a job

Journalism & mass communication
 2013051644
Sun Bo Sim


The WVS we learned is a database site that gathers global survey data and is easy for us to 
use. We can use the site to see the lifestyle, social recognition, and cultural differences of each country.
To find a social difference between each countries. I looked for a survey of " jobs, " one of my biggest interests. Through the WVS, I was able to know the worries about losing my job or not finding a job of each country. To make a comparison, Korea and Japan were selected as Asian countries, and Germany and Sweden were selected as European countries.

As you can see from the pictures, people in Asia worry more about losing and finding jobs than people in Europe. In Korea and Japan, nearly half of the survey participants were found to have job worries, while in Europe, the least of them said they had worries. I have been thinking about why these results came out through Korean cases. There are several reasons why these results came out. I think the reason for this result is that it comes from ranking jobs. Korean students may take their pay and working environment seriously to choose their jobs. For example, office work in an office is preferred over technical work out in the field. They also tend to ignore small businesses because they want higher wages, and the competition is heating up as they search for larger companies. As a result, the number of high-ranking university graduates is on the rise, and the number of companies hiring these students has not increased, so the number of people who are unemployed naturally increased.
These Surveys is very intersting. I was able to compare awareness of European and Asian jobs with the precise numbers of surveys. and I analyzed why these results came out of my own way and I knew the importance of data.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Posting 2 / Jae woong KIM

Q1. How could we measure cultural globalization?     Each country has its own culture and the degree to which the world's peop...