Sunday, September 24, 2017

W3. What is globalization


what is globalization?

2015048540 Jeong Myung Hee


Concept of globalization is not clear. I had thought about it as cultural phenomenon such as worldwide hit contents or something. It is the most familiar idea of globalization for me. But I started to think widely after reading the article by Roland Robertson and Kathleen E. White. I realized that there is various dimension on globalization. It made me think wide.

After I read it, I found articles about globalization of economic, political, and cultural on The New York Times. “At U.N. and in the Air, North Korea and U.S. Trade Tough Messages”, “What the World’s Emptiest International Airport Says About China’s Influence”, ect.

Once reading these articles, I could see that globalization can be phenomenon influencing each country in any way. Lastly, I think it doesn’t need to clearly define the word of globalization, because it is complicated assembled and changing. So, I’m going to continuously agonize “what is globalization?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Posting 2 / Jae woong KIM

Q1. How could we measure cultural globalization?     Each country has its own culture and the degree to which the world's peop...